Today's insurance customers expect insurers to provide comprehensive online services. At the same time, offering insurance services online brings various competitive advantages:
- Standardized online reporting and processing of, e.g., damage claims and insurance policies reduces costs.
- Customers have a better overview of their insurance portfolio, which results in higher overall customer satisfaction.
- Using an additional distribution channel increases flexibility and scalability.
- Online access increases efficiency in collaborating with distribution partners and insurance brokers.
- Delegated administration for business customers results in increased customer engagement and simplifies internal processes.
Developing insurance portals is a challenging task: Developers need to integrate the requirements of various user groups (private customers, business customers, brokers, insurance agents, internal staff, etc.) into a consistent security infrastructure with very specific security requirements for certain parts. Online rate calculators, for example, need to be protected against industrial espionage.
The NEVIS security suite provides a full range of modules to satisfy every need of a modern insurance portal, including the following:
- Efficient administration of customer accounts thanks to comprehensive self-service features, optionally with social login (Facebook, Google, etc.)
- Support of various authentication methods and authentication strength levels
- Integration of insurance brokers via identity federation (e.g., IG B2B in Switzerland, EasyLogin in Germany)
- Delegated identity administration for business customers
- Adaptive security for applications and rate calculators